Chelsea defender Malang Sarr close to agreeing season-long loan with Porto on deadline day with versatile star set to help replace Manchester United bound Alex Telles
- Chelsea’s summer signing Malang Sarr is close to joining Porto on a loan deal
- The 21-year-old is expected to put pen to paper for the season-long stint soon
- Sarr is also capable of playing at left back and will help to replace Alex Telles
- Telles will complete his move to Manchester United for a fee of £15.4million
- DEADLINE DAY LIVE – All the latest ahead of the window closing tonight at 11pm
Chelsea centre back Malang Sarr, who joined in the summer from Nice, is close to agreeing his proposed loan move to Porto.
The 21-year-old impressed with his boyhood club in France, having made 119 appearances for the club, and earned his move to Chelsea on a free transfer. He penned a five-year contract.
Sarr can also play left back and will help fill the void left by Alex Telles who is joining Manchester United for £15.4m on a five year contract.
Chelsea defender Malang Sarr (right) is closing in on joining Porto on a season-long loan deal
It is expected he will officially put pen to paper for the season-long stint on deadline day.
A host of potential suitors were reportedly interested in taking Sarr on for the season, with Saint-Etienne, Genoa and Sampdoria all linked with moves.
Chelsea are expected to be heavily involved in the final hours before the transfer window slams shut at 11pm.
Sarr joined Chelsea on a five-year deal in the summer and will be loaned out for experience
The club are understood to currently be negotiating a number of exits.
Inter Milan are in talks with Victor Moses over a loan move, while Fulham are pushing to sign midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek for the campaign.
Antonio Rudiger and Marcos Alonso may also be shipped out before the deadline.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article