Categories
Soccer

Jadon Sancho apologises for breaking lockdown rules over the weekend

‘I take full responsibility for my actions’: Jadon Sancho apologises for breaking lockdown rules by attending Tammy Abraham’s birthday party with Ben Chilwell and around 20 others over the weekend which has seen their arrival in the England camp delayed

  • Jadon Sancho has apologised for breaking UK lockdown rules over the weekend
  • The winger attended Tammy Abraham’s 20-strong birthday party on Saturday
  • Ben Chilwell went to the party and the trio have not linked up with England yet
  • Sancho has apologised though did not know how many were going to the party 

Jadon Sancho has apologised for attending an illegal party of more than six people on Saturday night ahead of the international break with England. 

The winger attended Tammy Abraham’s surprise 23rd birthday party over the weekend along with fellow Three Lions international Ben Chilwell, with images of the trio attending the party emerging on Sunday night.

The Sun claim that the party was attended by more than 20 people, which breaks the ‘Rule of Six’ law implemented by the UK Government last month, though Sancho admitted in a statement he did not know the number of guests attending the event before arriving there.

Jadon Sancho has apologised for breaking lockdown rules in the UK over the weekend 


Sancho went to Tammy Abraham (L)’s party on Saturday with Ben Chilwell (R) and 20 others 

A statement from the FA said that Abraham, Chilwell and Sancho’s arrival at the England training camp ahead of the fixtures against Wales, Belgium and Denmark this week will be delayed.

Sancho posted on Instagram: ‘I would like to apologise for breaking the government guidelines and although I was unaware upon arriving of the numbers attending, I take full responsibility of my actions. 

‘I will make sure moving forward that I learn from this.’ 

Abraham himself claimed that he did not know about the party until he arrived at his home following Chelsea’s 4-0 win over Crystal Palace, in which he and Chilwell featured. 


Chilwell is pictured laughing and joking with Abraham, celebrating the striker’s 23rd birthday

Sancho released an Instagram statement apologising for his actions over the weekend

In his own apology, the Chelsea forward said: ‘I arrived home to find a small surprise gathering. 

‘Though I was totally unaware this was planned, I would like to wholeheartedly apologise for the naivety shown for the organisation and attending of this gathering.

‘All I can do now is learn from it, apologise to everyone and ensure it never happens again.’ 

Sancho is in the UK after missing the last couple of Borussia Dortmund games with an illness

Abraham, Sancho and Chilwell’s arrival at the England camp has since been delayed

Borussia Dortmund winger Sancho – who missed his club’s game this weekend with a respiratory illness while testing negative for Covid – is in England ahead of meeting up with his international team-mates, with the rest of the squad meeting on Monday.

The latest controversy surrounding England players breaking coronavirus lockdown rules follows the Phil Foden and Mason Greenwood scandal which dominated talk in the last international break in September.

Just after making their England debut against Iceland, both Foden and Greenwood invited two girls into their hotel room which breached the Covid-19 bubble set up by the England team.

The England scandal follows the Phil Foden (L) and Mason Greenwood (R) lockdown breach

Both players were sent home by Gareth Southgate and the FA ahead of their Nations League fixture against Denmark and the pair have not been included in the current Three Lions squad. 

Raheem Sterling has also pulled out of the England triple-header through injury. 




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article