Categories
Soccer

Man Utd ‘agree five-year deal’ to sign winger but club have one transfer demand

Manchester United have agreed a five-year contract with 18-year-old winger Facundo Pellistri, according to Uruguayan football expert Sebastian Giovanelli. United want Pellistri to join them as soon as possible. However, the player’s current side Club Atletico Penarol are demanding that the player stays with them until January.

Pellistri was linked with Chelsea and Arsenal earlier this summer.

But it appears United are close to winning the race for his signature.

On Friday evening, Giovanelli tweeted off his personal account that it is now down to the two clubs to thrash out a deal.

“As we have in @Sport890, @FPellistri07 and @ManUtd they reached an agreement for 5 seasons,” Giovanelli wrote.

JUST IN: Ousmane Dembele to Man Utd denied as Barcelona release strong statement

“At this moment they negotiate @OficialCAP for the player to stay until January, the English team wants him now.

“To stay like this, #Penarol, would not release it.”

Get NOW TV Sky Sports season pass and save 25 percent

Uruguayan youngster Pellistri has made 37 appearances for Penarol since making his debut in 2019, scoring two goals.

United are in the market for a winger and remain interested in signing Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho.

DON’T MISS
Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer in the summer window [TRANSFERS]
Arsenal set to return for Mikel Arteta target next year after being denied deal [RUMOUR]
Arsenal star has ‘said his goodbyes’ to team-mates as Aouar transfer edges closer [REPORT]

The Red Devils reportedly had an offer of £91million turned down for Sancho earlier this week but transfer expert Ian McGarry claims a new bid has been made.

“We can tell you that two things have moved in terms of where we were when we last reported earlier this week,” McGarry said on the Transfer Window podcast.

“Most importantly is that Manchester United have proposed a different fee structure for Sancho and that is that they are now offering a guaranteed €95m and that would be a payment plan of €19m per year over the five years of the proposed contract, plus €15m in variables, which would take it obviously to €110m.

“In doing so, they’ve simplified the variables with regards to achievements which need to be marked.”

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was not giving anything away regarding incomings at his latest press conference.

“Well, I’m not going to go into the transfer window now,” Solskjaer said.

“Of course, all my focus is on Sunday’s game. The club is always working hard to strengthen the squad. If something happens – in or out – you’ll get to know.

“When we’re planning you’ve got players here that we believe in.

“Of course, the transfer window is still open for a while and the club has been working, and they know my view.

“We’re here to strengthen in the long term and I’m not going to say what is acceptable or not for other clubs or teams in this difficult period.

“We’ll tell you when, and if, something happens.”

Source: Read Full Article